Aquatic Plant Science

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aquatic Plant Science

The science of submerged aquatic plants in the aquarium hobby

2 posters

Welcome to the Aquatic Plant Science forum!

Admin
    Admin

Welcome to the Aquatic Plant Science forum! Empty Welcome to the Aquatic Plant Science forum!

Post by Admin Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:41 pm

Welcome to the Aquatic Plant Science forum!

The purpose of this forum is to discuss the scientific aspects of aquatic plants in the planted tank hobby.  The aim is to discover and further advance the understanding of aquatic plants and their husbandry, especially considering the lack of evidence-based practices in the hobby.  There are a lot of unsubstantiated claims that are commonly believed which has led to the inadvertent harm to plants and other aquarium inhabitants in the pursuit of growing the best looking, if not the healthiest, plants.  Hopefully, the discoveries, knowledge, and understandings made here will help you enjoy the hobby more and appreciate its beauty.

This is a new forum so there will be changes to the look and layout as it develops.  Currently, there is only one forum for all discussions primarily for the expediency of access.  When there are enough topics and discussions, new forums will be created to help organize topics.  Some proposed topics could include Scientific Articles, Experiments and Results, and maybe even a Buy-Sell-Trade so that we can easily access items such as fertilizers or other chemicals in smaller quantities or to help test certain fertilizers.  Please feel free to suggest new topics.  

Lastly, feel free to make any other suggestions and I will personally do my best to incorporate them to improve this forum.  Please post these suggestions here or via PM.

Again, welcome of the Aquatic Plant Science forum!

Lawrence

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin

Welcome to the Aquatic Plant Science forum! Empty Re: Welcome to the Aquatic Plant Science forum!

Post by Admin Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:44 pm

Note: if you want to start a new thread, the title must have a minimum number of characters or it won't allow the thread to be posted. I think there's a 10 or 15 character minimum.
    Lawrence So

Welcome to the Aquatic Plant Science forum! Empty Re: Welcome to the Aquatic Plant Science forum!

Post by Lawrence So Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:37 pm

I can't post links for some reason.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:39 pm

I fixed the issue. You should be able to post links now.
    Lawrence So

Post by Lawrence So Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:47 pm

It's working now, thanks.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:48 pm

You're welcome. Let me know if there are any other issues.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:01 pm